QUOTE: “The biggest difference between an average income and financial freedom is… IMPLEMENTATION.” – Bill Glazer I recently spent four long days and nights with information marketing millionaires at the Information Marketing Summit and was astonished to hear that many of them, when pressed for THE secret of their recent 7-figure success, named ONE and only one. Best of all, I was able to witness this theme with most everyone I met, particularly the VERY successful ones. These entrepreneur millionaires have ONE secret in common: IMPLEMENTING new ideas quickly. At first, it sounded so simple that I didn’t believe it fully. Could implementation (getting things done) be so profound that those who’ve REALLY succeeded named it as their number one KEY? Then I started thinking about my own journey since attending this same conference last year. I realized that in my own experience, I’d actually implemented a LOT of the ideas I’d gotten. I’d set up a new lead generation tool on the ClientAttraction.com website which converts on average of 36% of people who land on the website; I’d created a new program in which more than a hundred people now get value from talking to me twice a month; I’d created my first successful 3-day workshop and filled it to capacity in less than 6 weeks with people attending from all around the country; And then subsequently filled an elite coaching group to capacity out of the workshop. Wow, when looking back at the list, it seemed like a LOT. But in the end, all I’d really done was systematically and steadfastly implemented the new ideas I’d discovered. Let me say that again: Systematically and Steadfastly. Returning to the same conference a year later, I realized a couple of things. There were several people who’d vowed they’d attend the following one but weren’t present this time around. Had they given up? Had they not implemented the thousands of info-rich ideas and therefore didn’t see it as fit to return for more? This all got me thinking: What’s keeping people from implementing, anyway? After some thought, I believe people get stopped from implementing new ideas for several reasons:
- They don’t organize the information they’ve received (it all seems so overwhelming that it stays there in that notebook and nothing gets done.) Have you been there too?
- They don’t have accountability systems in place (either a coach, mastermind group or other people to call them on their “stuff” when they’re procrastinating and get them into gear again.)
- Their focus is spread thin over many different projects and nothing ever really gets accomplished. It’s time to focus on ONE thing and one thing only, until achievement.
- They don’t set deadlines for completion, so the task list keeps dragging on and on, until it just disappears.
Your Assignment:That said, how can you implement more effectively? I can only share with you my own formula, the one I’ve created and use personally on a daily basis. I especially use this after coming back from a high-content, multi-day conference with lots of brain-candy in my head:
- Transfer all your notes into a Projects Tracker in Excel (I usually do this on the plane coming home).
- Label each of these by “category” (Example: all to-do items related to creating a Workshop-in-a-box get labeled as such; Lead Generation items the same.)
- Create a Mind Map of all the different projects (For me, seeing this all on paper helps me focus on what is most important.)
- Once the steps are Mind Mapped, select three that you will work on over the next 120 days (4 months) and set a deadline. I choose the 3 goals based on their return on investment of time, energy and mo-ney, as well as how quickly and effortlessly they can be accomplished.
- Note which steps will be delegated to your team or outsourced, then note that on your Projects Tracker. Start delegating and implementing.
- Make time in your calendar and in each day to work on the tasks that are yours, TO COMPLETION.
“ACT WITH SPEED”Do this, and I guarantee you will have more clients, make mo’re mo-ney, with stress less. It’s about taking that no-excuses approach to getting things done that I talk about so often. That’s what millionaire entrepreneurs do. Are you up for the challenge? I know I am. : ) Hey, if you’re not sure WHAT marketing techniques you should be implementing in the first place, then it’s time to take action and invest in a step-by-step marketing system that will feel easy and authentic to you. The Client Attraction Home Study System avoids all the unnecessary stuff and instead gives you the most important things to do to find your niche, get out there in a big way, set up simple, solid systems, so you consistently fill your pipeline and continually get new clients. It’s all step-by-step, not a big mishmash of things. So, you do step one of the system, and when you’re done with that, you move on to step two, and so on. So easy. All the tools, scripts, templates, and examples are handed to you on a silver platter. You can get it at TheClientAttractionSystem.com. ©2009 Client Attraction LLC. All Rights Reserved. Want to use this article on your website or your own ezine? No problem! But here’s what you MUST include:
Fabienne Fredrickson, The Client Attraction Mentor, is founder of the Client Attraction System®, the proven step-by-step program that shows you exactly how to attract more clients, in record time…guaranteed. To get your F.R.E.E. Audio CD by mail and receive her weekly marketing & success mindset articles on attracting more high-paying clients and dramatically increasing your income, visit www.ClientAttraction.com.]]>