“The only difference between salad and garbage is timing!” At least that’s what I’ve been focusing on recently, especially for businesses that are time sensitive. Some chiropractors have this problem, so do lawyers, but my thought is when you’re in a service business, timing is EVERYTHING. If you wait around, let the proverbial ‘hot iron’ get cold, that hot lead turns into a cold lead, and you can just forget about turning it into a happy paying client.
The question then becomes, ‘How can we ALWAYS be around to have the elusive Perfect Timing?’ The answer to the timing problem is to ALWAYS be on their radar screen. You can never anticipate what’s going on in the lives of your prospective clients; otherwise, you’d be God (obviously) or at least very clairvoyant.
One thing you can do is always be top of mind, so that WHEN something happens, you’re the first person they think of. And when they think of you, when they see your compelling message right there under their noses, when they’ve got your contact info at their fingertips, there’s every reason in the world to call YOU and not anyone else, when they have the need. That’s when all your Client Attraction and marketing effort and systems have paid off.
So, how does one stay top of mind and always on the prospect’s radar screen? With Stay-In-Touch Marketing Vehicles:
- That can be a direct mail campaign (and I mean CAMPAIGN, not just one letter that you send ONCE and wonder why you haven’t gotten results).
- It can mean a weekly ezine. (I wouldn’t even bother writing one quarterly or even monthly. You’re not on the prospects radar screen often enough to have them remember you in time of need.)
- It can be a quirky postcard campaign, which really stands out. (Pick a strange fact, quote, or oddball holiday calendar and mail regularly. We’re looking for consistency and something that stands out, as well as something that relates to what you do.)
- It can be a personal card campaign where you send meaningful, unexpected cards on a regular basis. (I use an awesome service called ClientAttractionCards and the results are great.)
An attorney client of mine always used to say to me, “Fabienne, it’s difficult for me to attract clients because I can never anticipate when they’re going to need me. I don’t know when to market, it’s all so arbitrary!” Well, with Stay-In-Touch marketing vehicles, you solve that problem.
Now, I know what you’re thinking… “Won’t I be pestering them if I write them an email once a week or do a mailing once a month?” I have three answers for you:
- If you make your email or mailing high content and high value, then people actually LOOK FORWARD to hearing from you that often.
- If you’re authentic about providing solutions and value, versus self-promoting all the time, people welcome the consistency.
- If it’s going to bother someone that you’re in touch that often, then they’re probably not your ideal client and will probably not ever buy from you, so it’s time to get over it. :)
Your Client Attraction Assignment:
Find a way to communicate proactively with your prospects so that you actually ANTICIPATE any current or urgent needs, just by being there consistently, with high-content, high value, and frequency over time. That way, you’ll establish a know-like-and-trust relationship in ADVANCE of the need. Best of all, you’ll eventually be on their radar screen when the need arrives, and that equals clients who happily pay for your services, without you having to chase ambulances. That makes for a Happy Day!
The key to this is setting up SYSTEMS so you don’t have to think about it too much. For this, I mean systems for being in touch and being the first one people think of when they have a need. If you want to copy my own systems, I spell it all out in the Client Attraction Home Study System™. I’ve outlined every technique in detail, and it’s all there so you can start using it all right away to get similar results. It’s all step-by-step, so, you do step one of the system, and when you’re done with that, you move on to step two, and so on. When you do, you’ll start seeing clients come out of the woodwork to work with you. It’s an amazing process actually. And SO easy. All the tools, scripts, templates, and examples are handed to you on a silver platter. You can get it here: www.theclientattractionsystem.com.
2010 Client Attraction LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Want to use this article on your website or your own ezine?
No problem! But here is what you MUST include:
Fabienne Fredrickson, The Client Attraction Mentor, is founder of the Client Attraction System , the proven step-by-step program that shows you exactly how to attract more clients, in record time…guaranteed. To get your F.R.E.E. Audio CD by mail and receive her weekly marketing & success mindset articles on attracting more high-paying clients and dramatically increasing your in.come, visit www.clientattraction.com.
Hi Fabienne —
Excellent article and very timely!
I was just thinking about a weekly ezine for my clients this morning and now I see why it felt so important.
I also think it would be fun to start sending private session clients hand-written thank you notes. I already have a routine built in for those sessions and adding this would be quite easy. And it feels like a lot of fun, as well!
Love the BLog as Salad is a fav in my department but let’s not keep it to long for the garbage, Now that is Attractive.