Do you find yourself constantly attached to your work, even during family vacations?
Are you often checking emails, answering calls, and struggling to truly disconnect?
If so, you’re not alone. Many women business owners face this challenge, sacrificing their well-deserved breaks for the sake of staying connected.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. Watch this video on how to set yourself up to not work (or bring your laptop) on vacations:
I meet so many women business owners who don’t ever take a real vacation.
Sure, they’ve booked the trip, they’ve packed up the kids, they’ve even “cleared” the schedule, but they’re still working. The laptop comes out, they’re answering emails at the beach or the pool and saying too many times, “One more email and mommy will be right there”, filled with guilt.
Why is that? If this happens to you too, it’s likely because you haven’t planned things out enough or educated your team or clients that you are not available.
What do you do?
To reclaim your vacation time (or even a full weekend), start by creating what we call in our signature program the Scheduled Disappearing Act.
- Start by educating your team on how to handle things in your absence.
- Train them to handle tasks without constantly relying on you, so you can truly unplug.
- Let them know that unless it’s an emergency or the business is sinking, they should refrain from contacting you.
By setting these expectations, you empower your team to step up and handle responsibilities on their own.
Additionally, it’s essential to educate your clients about your unavailability.
- Just as you respect their vacation time by not reaching out, they should understand that you won’t be accessible during your time off.
- Provide them with alternative points of contact, such as a designated team member who can assist them. By doing so, you give your clients the assurance that their needs will be taken care of, even in your absence.
- The next way to ensure a smooth vacation experience is to anticipate and handle potential tasks that would typically require your attention, before your departure, minimizing the need for constant communication during your vacation.
A worry-free vacation can absolutely be yours. Will you be able to dive right into a month-long vacation right away? Probably not (although when our members join the program, we start practicing this and soon, a month-long vacation is a reality).
If you don’t see yourself ever taking 14-16 weeks of unplugged vacations per year with your current business, don’t worry. We are here to help.
Let’s book a time to talk to discuss your business, at no charge.
By clicking on the link above, you’ll answer just a few clarifying questions that will give you some insights into some key shifts you can make in your business, and you will then get access to a complimentary strategy session with one of my amazing coaches.
Together, we’ll have a heart-to-heart strategy conversation that could just be the one that changes everything for the better and you can find out more about our process that helps women scale their business, while getting their life and freedom back. Click the button below and let’s get you on your way:
We are here to help,
P.S. If you’re tired of sacrificing your vacation time for work, it’s time to make a change. We can help. It is all fixable, truly. And, it all starts with this one conversation, just you reaching out and letting us know you want to chat.
We’re here, ready to support you. Don’t put it off any longer, ok?