Your ezine, or email newsletter, provides a way to stay in touch with people in your database and is usually part of your free irresistible offer (IFO) to attract clients. The point of your newsletter is to share really high content and high value information that readers can take action on. An ezine also keeps you top-of-mind with people in your database who are potential clients. And it helps you promote new products and programs, again working to convert those readers into clients and customers.
But what should you include in your ezine so that it works hard for you with your readers ? Here’s how I put my newsletter together which you can use as the basis for yours as well.
- Start with a personal note which is important for building relationships. Tell readers about yourself and how things are going for you.
- Next, include a feature article or video that focuses on challenges your audience faces. Talk about solutions to the the problems you hear clients complain about over and over again. This is where you offer high content and high value to your readers. (You can even try surveying your readers to learn about what they need help with.)
- Include social proof in the form of client testimonials so readers can see how your services and products have worked for others.
- Add a section to announce upcoming events to build awareness and excitement.
- Introduce new programs and products in your newsletter and use it to make sales. You can also invite readers to schedule a get acquainted session to attract clients.
- Offer recommended resources which again add more value.
eZine Service Providers
There are a number of service providers for ezines such as One Shopping Cart, MailChimp.com, iContact.com, ConstantContact.com to name a few. They offer templates that you can choose and customize. All you need to do is fill in the sections and send it to your list.
Consistency of Delivery
The most important element of your ezine, regardless of your content or how it looks is to be consistent with your delivery–either weekly, every other week, or monthly. Choose a day and never vary. You can always send other communication, but don’t forgo your regular newsletter. Your consistency trains people to look for your ezine and that builds trust. As you know, people work with people they know, like and trust, so this works to your advantage to attract clients!
Your Client Attraction Assignment
If you’ve been struggling with consistently sending out your newsletter, here’s my advice. Set aside an hour to brainstorm topics. This way you can make a list of what to write about for up to three months into the future. Think about upcoming holidays, seasonal opportunities, what your clients struggle with, common problems and new resources you can share.
Now, if you’re just starting out and trying to fill your practice in the FIRST place, then follow a step-by-step system that feels easy and authentic to you. The Client Attraction System® gives you the most important things to do to set up simple, solid systems, so that you consistently fill your pipeline and continually get new clients. It’s all step-by-step, not a big mishmash of things. So, you do step one of the system, and when you’re done with that, you move on to step two, and so on. All the tools, scripts, templates, and examples are handed to you on a silver platter. Easy. You can get it at TheClientAttractionSystem.com.